You know you want to sell your courses online. But how do you pick the right price for your courses? Jeff Cobb, an expert in selling courses online has 10 tips to help you pick the best price.
- Be clear about your strategy – are you only selling courses or is selling courses part of your overall product, service or brand strategy?
- Work backwards – what is the value of your course to your customer?
- Create a new category – what is unique about your course that will set the right price for you and your customer?
- Change the point of reference – introduce a premium product as a way to drive the prices of all of your courses.
- Provide options – create a standard offering for the bulk of your customers plus basic and premium versions to serve other customers.
- Improve your packaging – close the deal by making your marketing content appealing and compelling with a clear call to action.
- Leverage scarcity and urgency – devise ways to limit the availability of your course to drive immediate action.
- Make discounts count – use them sparingly to reward loyal customers and to drive new business.
- Keep a “just testing” mindset – experiment with different price points and offerings to find out what works best.
- Just raise your prices already – increasing price may have now impact on sales volume with big impact on your bottom line.
Get more detail on picking the right price for your course from Jeff Cobb. eLearning Courses lets you set multiple price points for your courses with the “packages” feature. A package is a collection of one or more courses offered at the price you pick. Create your first package today and start making money selling your eLearning courses.